The Guild will have a stall at Craft Alive, Thursday 3 May – Sunday 6 May. Held at Thoroughbred Park Function & Convention Centre, 1 Randwick Rd, Lyneham.
Annual Stitching Weekend
The Guild’s ‘Stitching Weekend’ will be held 18-20 May 2018 at the Greenhills Conference Centre. This is an opportunity to work on your stitching projects, enjoying the company of other stitchers and the beautiful surrounds. There are options of staying in on-site ensuite accommodation for the weekend with all meals provided, or attending during the day.
Annual Exhibition 2018
The Annual Exhibition will be held from Friday 21 September to Sunday 23 September 2018 at the Albert Hall, Yarralumla ACT
2018 Royal Canberra Show Crafts Expo
The Guild participated in the Crafts Expo at the Canberra Show, 23 to 25 February.
Golden Wattle patterns for sale
In May 2015 the Embroiderers’ Guild ACT was commissioned to embroider a specially developed Golden Wattle design on a blanket that was the official gift from the people of Australia, for HRH Princess Charlotte. After completing this commission, the ‘Blanket Embroidery Team’ went on to develop small projects using part of the original design on items that are of interest to stitchers and embroiderers. The projects are a card, a paperweight, a scissor keeper, a trio of pin cushions, a book mark, a needle book. Patterns for these projects are now available from the Embroiderers’ Guild ACT at a cost of $5.00 per pattern (by email) or $6.00 per pattern (printed and posted). For further details, see the order form:
Annual Exhibition 2017
The exhibition was held from 15 to 17 September 2017 at the Albert Hall, Yarralumla, ACT – open from 10am to 4pm each day. Highlights included:
- items showcasing traditional and contemporary needlework and related crafts
- items created for the 2017 Recycle Challenge
- items highlighting the various uses of embroidered items
- Retrospective exhibition of the work of Margaret Roberts, noted local textile artist
- Smocking demonstrations
- hands-on activities for visitors to try
- a public seminar at 2.00 pm on Saturday afternoon about the care and conservation of your textile pieces, presented by Ms Victoria Pearce, Director and Senior Textile Conservator from Endangered Heritage, Fyshwick ACT